1. What personal data is collected?
All our activities are based on stringent ethical principles and legal requirements, and we are committed to protect the privacy of all visitors to our websites and users of our (mobile) applications. For this reason, the way in which we collect and store information is dependent on how our website and related services are used
1.1 Data collected through your interaction with us
Various technologies may be used on our websites and our (mobile) applications in order to improve them, make them more user-friendly, effective and secure. Such technologies may lead to data being collected automatically by us or by third parties on behalf of us. Examples of such technologies are cookies, flash cookies and web analytics.
1.1.1 Click-stream data
When you visit one of our websites, data
is sent from your browser to our server. This data makes it possible to
optimise our services and improve your experience on our websites and apps. The
data is automatically collected and stored by us or by third parties on our
We may collect information about your computer for system administration and to report aggregate information for internal marketing analysis purposes. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns.
In particular, this data may include the following:
- the visitor`s IP address,
- the date and time of the visit,
- the referral URL (the site from which the visitor has been referred),
- the pages visited on our website,
- Information about the browser used (browser type and version, operating system, etc.).
1.2 Data provided by you
Besides the data collected by automated means, we also process data which you have provided to us. This includes, but is not limited to:
- personal data that identifies you as an individual, namely, your contact information, including your first and last name, billing or delivery address, date of birth, telephone number, fax number, email address, credit and debit card information. If you provide any personal data of another person, please make sure that you have the right to share that information with us,
- information provided at the time of registering to become a member of a liakes website or service (e.g. liakes Club),
- information provided when you create a Wish List or your own design,
- information you provide when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by liakes Group or liakes A/S,
- information you provide to us via third parties such as Facebook,
- information that you upload to or share through our site by using our services,
- if you have created an online profile, the preferences and interests stored in this profile (please see below for further information concerning the profiles),
- if you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence,
2. How is the collected data used?
We may use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- for purposes relating to your order; e.g., to notify you regarding the status of your order or delivery, to fulfil your requests, such as responding to a question regarding our products, to help you locate a store near you, fulfil your order, process your payment card, and/or to provide you with customer service. We may use your data to assess your creditworthiness, for which we may use third parties,
- to verify your identity and to respond to any query you may raise with us, and to process your request and provide you with the best service possible,
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so,
- to notify you about changes to our services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information,
- to provide you with the benefits and services as a member of liakes web sites or services (e.g. liakes Club),
- to administer and maintain our records,
- to manage your membership of liakes web sites or services (e.g. liakes Club),
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our site when you choose to do so,
- to store any Wish List you may create and to allow you to share your Wish List with others,
- to design your own jewellery and to save those designs,
- allow you to send emails to others through our "send to a friend" type functionality,
- allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer such activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your PI,
- prevent or detect any misuse or fraud,
- With your explicit consent, we may contact you via the contact details provided by you (e.g. per regular mail, email, SMS, telephone or any other electronic means) for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. For example, this includes information related to liakes products, e-commerce activities, special offers, and promotions as well as information on local store openings, local store activities. In order to be able to contact you with information which is of special interest for you, your overall interaction with liakes (such as, but not limited to, your shopping behaviour in e-shops, in liakes physical stores, your use of loyalty programmes, your ratings and reviews of products, your contact history with our customer service, your newsletter clicks/ opening results, your surfing behaviour (web tracking), the newsletter types you are subscribed to, your participation in promotions or events, your interactions with and use of mobile applications), will be combined analysed and used. We may use your personal data for marketing, advertising and opinion research purposes. In section 6 you will find information on your rights, e.g. on how to withdraw your consent or correct your personal details
The period of use of the personal data supplied by you will not be longer than we deem necessary but may be unlimited.